Friday, October 17, 2008

Busy Busy!





You may have noticed that my blog posts have become fewer and shorter. I've been busy working on my photography! If I'm not actually editing the photos from a job I've done, I'm usually learning as much as I can about new and better ways of doing it. I did my first commercial job last week for a cookware company. They had a popular Mexican TV host endorsing the cookware, so everyone there was really excited to be working with him. I had to learn some new lighting techniques and buy some new equipment in just a couple of days, but the shoot went well and I learned a TON. Mostly about what NOT to do, but still...

It's been a challenge for me while I'm trying to adapt to being a stay-at-home mom and a work-at-home mom. One of the young women from our ward was asking me a few questions for a school project and she asked me if my chosen career made it easy to keep up with my kids. "Easy?" I repeated. "No, not easy. But definitely do-able." I'm still learning how to balance both parts of my life, but I'm so grateful that I am able to do both.

4 comments:

  1. Hey thats the same guy that does the show "CIEN MEXICANOS DIJERON!" Its like family fued. I cant count the number of times on my mission I had to ask people to turn him off so we could talk of holy things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. you could have charged that guy a TON! Hes super famous over there. Thats like photographing Bob Barker from the Price is Right....but bigger!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I kept checking your blog to see when you were going to post pictures of this photo shoot. You did really really good! You definately have a nack for this stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This will be huge for your resume. That was a BIG photo shoot - I bet it made you sick worrying about it. It would make me throw up!

    ReplyDelete