Friday, May 30, 2008

One Year Wiser

So yesterday was my birthday - 31! I kind of liked turning 30 last year, but now I feel like I look every bit 31 and I'm not interested in seeing how 32 I look next year. Seriously though, I don't really care how old I look. I do think we should take the phrase "Another year wiser" to heart and just go by that, like a points system. Instead of the question "How old are you?" We would ask, "How wise are you? Oh, 31? Wow, that's great! I'm only 25. I wish I was as wise as you."

The kids, of course, love a birthday, so they gave me some cute picture frames with photos of themselves that Nate helped them with. They tried hard all day to be good and told me Happy Birthday about every 10 minutes. Jane took this birthday photo of me. Then Nate came home at lunch time with a babysitter and took me away for the rest of the afternoon. After the kids were in bed, Nate brought me Chinese food and we ate it in front of the TV while we watched the 2 hour L O S T finale. The best birthday activity ever. I guess your opinion of what makes for an exciting birthday evening changes with age - er, wisdom.

3 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must say that I feel exactly the same way about my birthday this year! I'll go for wisdom points anyday!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your logic of wisdom settles much better than the logic of aging with me thanks for the good thought.
    By the way I think you are quite wise we decided to use your property management co and it has been great thanks for the referal.

    ReplyDelete