Sunday, February 08, 2009

Don't Adjust Your Screen

Your eyes are not deceiving you. Yes, it's a new post from our long-silent blog! After the super busy rush of family photo shoots that happened well into December, I spent the rest of the month avoiding my camera altogether and soaking up the Christmas activities with my kids. It has taken me a long time to get Christmas decorations put away and catch up on many many things that have been put off for too long. But I was obliged to dust off my camera last week when I photographed my little sister's growing belly and I was reminded of the fun photos that have been sitting in my camera. Click to see them big!


My family has always liked the light parade that happens at the beginning of December, but other obligations usually prevent us from going. This year, we all decided we definitely wanted to go. There was much shirking of prior commitments, but everyone made it and we had a splendid time sipping hot cocoa and eating donuts while we watched the glittering lights.


I was pleased to host our family Christmas party, which actually happened a few days after Christmas so we could include Allison's family who drove down for an extended visit. It had been almost a year since we had seen my sister! That's really hard to get used to when I spent every day of my life with her growing up (and every night putting my legs on her when we shared a bed), and we lived only a few minutes away from each other since then. Seeing her just made the missing worse. *sniff*


Sommer's kids stole the show with their Chinmunks and their rendition of Jingle Bells.


Lots of presents were opened, and all the kids got to play together again.



I blog in my head all the time. Sometimes I even take pictures with the idea of blogging about them, but at the end of the day, I'm usually a tired mommy and it's much easier to just get in bed and eat something chocolatey. I should consider blogging in the morning...

4 comments:

  1. Great post Hailee! Wow - there are a LOT of pictures of me! I'm not used to that. You said some nice things about me. Miss you too! (and I remember you putting your feet on me in bed - since I can't get you back, I just do it to Nathan now instead.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes...that's it exactly, thousands of un-posted blogs just floating around up in there...
    Way to capture the truth of the situation!
    r

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute pictures Hailee! I, like Allison am not used to seeing that many pictures of myself. Thanks for hosting the party, it was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good work Hailee! Good show!

    ReplyDelete