Thursday, February 12, 2009

25 things...

1. I use to play the Violin. I was just ok at it. Keep in mind though that when your kids start playing the violin there is what sounds like “nails on a chalkboard” screeching for about a year.

2. I have more guns than I would like to admit. (7…I think)

3. I watch My Fair Lady when it comes on TV. (I would never intentionally put such a girly movie on but if I am channel surfing I’ll stop and watch).

4. I dunked a basketball…once. I have witnesses. It was awesome.

5. I have been mugged. (I was 13 and was puking behind a building at the State Fair and some guy tried to take my hat. He didn’t get it)

6. My parents got arrested in a Russian airport and I got them out by telling the police they were stupid Americans. Yes I guess I called my mother stupid, but it got her out of jail. Two things I thought I would never do: call my mother stupid and get my mother out of jail.

7. I have never kissed anyone besides my wife.

8. I love using public transportation. In fact, I got the best grades I ever had when I rode the bus.

9. I fell asleep and missed my transfer on the bus and went all the way to the MAYO clinic (It was far). The bus driver kicked me off the bus and said he was on break (I was the only one on). I got back on after his break and was about 2 hours late getting home.

10. Some people probably know this but I married my best friend’s girlfriend. To me that’s not the funny part. The funny part is, 10 years later, we are still best friends. He was even the Best Man at my wedding. ("The Better Man")

11. I love the beach but I cannot stand being sandy. It gets everywhere! Nooks and crannies that you didn’t know you had! It stays in your ears for weeks!

12. I can’t stand cockroaches. Big ones. I once had one fly and hit me in the forehead and other time I looked down in the shower and one had crawled all the way up to my knee. Nasty.

13. I have watched the same SportsCenter 4 times in a row. (They replay them on a loop in the morning) Da na na… Da na na

14. My first year at GCC I took Tuesday, Wednesday,Thursday classes so I could go to BYU on the weekends. I flew for free. (One of the classes was co-ed volleyball. What a great class.) One time I didn’t spend a dime thanks to a fellow blogger finding me a ride and the girls at Helaman feeding us. I guess it would have been a totally free weekend but my dad wouldn’t come and pick me up from the airport so I had to shell out $17 bucks for a Super Shuttle. I am still mad about that one.

15. I sing Sweet Child O Mine loudly every time it comes on.

16. I once caught a huge 6 lb. 18" bass with my bare hands at Canyon Lake. I felt like a bear catching salmon. I smacked it out of the water and onto the shore. *Grrrrrr*

17. I wore bifocals from the age of 4 to about 12. They were coke bottles. Really thick, really nerdy.

18. I like Coke better than Pepsi but Diet Pepsi better than Diet Coke but Dr. Pepper is all I really drink.

19. I was Pre-Med for about a year and then I realized I didn't want to go to that much school. I also realize that this is not unique to me. I think everybody is pre-"something" and realizes that it's too much school and does something else.

20. My first car was brand new (15 miles on it but I put 12 of them on during the test drive) and it was completely paid for. So much for that. That will never happen again.

21. I know Excel better than anyone I know. Here’s a tip. If you have to add a bunch of cells up, try Alt and the “=”. See what happens.

22. I love the Suns. I love to watch basketball. I am really good at it too (Watching it). I suck at playing it.

23. I once changed the oil in both of my cars in under 30 minutes. Which reminds me, I think I am overdue to change them now.

24. I want a blackberry, really bad. Is that wrong?

25. This list was brutal. I can’t believe I did it. In high school or college I would have probably done only 15 or 20 and hope for a “B”. I guess when you work full time, married with kids at home a “B” is ok. Right?


BTW - Tag Hailee you're it.

8 comments:

  1. Pretty funny Nate. What's really funny is that most if the things you mentioned, I already knew - somehow. However, I didn't know you had attended BYU. Also didn't know about the salmon. Made me chuckle.

    Allison

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I should clarify. I "went" to BYU. I didn't "Go" to BYU. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. For the record, he had to take the Super Shuttle because he had elected to wait until Sunday morning to fly home, and his parents were in church and therefore could not pick him up from the airport. That's the WHOLE story.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did see the dunk. It was a volleyball. Even better, I saw him jump up, grab the rim, let the momentum carry his body go up until he was even with the rim, parralel with the ground only 10 feet up, then let go, fall face first into the court, hit the court, and bounce. Then get up and pretend it didn't hurt.
    Systo's Rules!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No!!! I am not counting that one! But that one did hurt...my ego more than anything at the time. Now you just hurt it again. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was there when you hit that bass out of the water and it was pretty cool but I think it was half dead already.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brian has kissed about 90 girls.
    just sayin...

    I try not to think about that.

    PS. Hailee fell in love with you because of your truck. True love for the man behind the wheel came shortly after!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I knew there was some good reason for that $30,000 truck! It served its purpose.

    ReplyDelete