Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Last Goodbye



My camera bit the dust recently. This was it's last dying image. I'm really going to miss that camera because it's so little and I kept it in my purse all the time, so I could capture anything, anywhere. It also had a sneaky little feature that took 2 pictures in a row - one with flash and one without - so I never had to think about my lighting. I could just pick the best picture and throw out the other one. It's a lazy thing for a semi-retired professional photographer to do, but I wish all cameras would do that.

I took the kids to the splash pad near our house last week. I'm not the kind of nice mommy who frequently takes her kids to the park - I hate the park - but our summer schedule has it written in permanent marker on Tuesday (did I really put that there?) so we went. I have to say, the water keeps the area cool and the fence around the place keeps my mind at ease, so I didn't mind it at all!



Here's Jane enjoying the splash pad with her usual exuberance.



Here's Lucy enjoying the splash pad with her usual spectator aloofness.



A little unsure...


He's getting into it. Yes, he has shoes and socks on. His marshmallow fat feet don't fit in very many kinds of shoes, so I don't have sandals for him.


He can't ignore the big jug of soda in mom's hand for very long. It was right after this that I put the camera into my shoulder bag with a water bottle with a lid that was loose. Bye-bye camera.











But wait...













what's this?
















Nate went out and bought...











This!




I'm so happy.


5 comments:

  1. Yeah!!!!! I'm so happy that you got a D60 - you're so lucky! Do you LOVE it???? DUh - of course you do. I have a few accessories that I am going to be selling from my Nikon on craigslist - before I post them do you want me to tell you about them first? A couple lenses, circ polorizer, hood etc. let me know

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful camera! good choice, Nate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does this mean that we can pay you to come take our family pictures?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate the first part of the story - I know how much you loved that camera. But Nate has always been good to you! And yes, pay her to take your pictures - she's awesome! (Hailee, are you still retired?)

    ReplyDelete