Sunday, September 07, 2008

Bowler Bucks



One aspect of our Colorado trip that we had to mention was Bowler Bucks. Knowing that we had a 10 hour drive we knew we had to create some incentive for being good on the trip. Hailee's parents had done this on some of their trips when she was little so we decided to try. Let me tell you it worked great. For every hour that you are good you get one Bowler Buck. We also had a "store" that would open up when we stopped (Gas stations, potty breaks, etc.) The store was filled with chapsticks, tootsie pops, little purses, sunglasses, card games, ring pops, notepad and pens (pretty much anything that I could get at the dollar store). Different things were worth different amounts. Like I said it worked great and the kids loved it.

I think there was only one time that someone didn't get paid but I will let you guess who didn't get their Bowler Buck. (And no it wasn't me)

3 comments:

  1. You're such fun parents!!! I used to love stuff like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally remember doing that as a kid! That's how I got a little Strawberry Shortcake house - I saved all of my bucks 'til the end to get the big prize! We've thought about doing it with our kids, but we just give them real dollars for every hour they travel nicely. That way, they have money to spend on souvenirs and they don't ask us for money the whole trip - which is nice on our ears!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great idea and obviously the kids loved it! hopefully sooner than later we can make a road trip and see you guys! road trip :)

    ReplyDelete