Sunday, November 07, 2010

Halloween and Stuff

I'm ashamed to admit that even though I was raised by a mother who sewed halloween costumes for me every year, I have never sewed a single halloween costume until this year. Jane wanted to be a super hero. She designed this Super Jane costume and I did my best to make it so. Doesn't she look SUPER?





Lucy is always easy at halloween because she usually prefers to select an outfit from her own dress-up box. She chose Ariel, which is actually too small, but if she didn't know it, I wasn't going to tell her. She did get a new red wig. I didn't love the way the wig looked. Neither did she. She only wore it for photos.




Luke did not want to be a pirate. Aunt Shea brought him this awesome Captain Jack Sparrow costume from Disneyland, but he was really grumpy about it. He wouldn't even wear the red bandana that goes under the hat to cover his hair. His dad hid a music player in the costume that played music from the movie. Hilarious!



Claire was good-natured about her ladybug costume, even though it was pretty warm that night.


Jake is Obi Wan Kenobi.



I dressed up as a dead movie star. Once we got to the trunk-or-treat at the church, I kinda regretted my costume choice. Nobody wanted to talk to me with all that makeup on my face! Jane took some photos for me.




Here are some other shots that I took of everyone just doing what they do. All the craziness that goes on lately means I don't get the camera out as often as I should. I don't want a big empty spot in the photo album from this time in our lives (yeah right, I don't have any albums, but it's on the to-do list).





Playing School

Lucy is my "little mommy". She will do anything I ask to help take care of the baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment