Monday, June 15, 2009

Summertime Blues

Isn't summer supposed to be relaxing? We haven't had much time to unwind yet this summer. We moved 2 weeks before Jane finished school, so between unpacking, taking photos, entertaining kids and maintaining 2 houses, I'm still waiting for things to slow down.



Speaking of two houses...Since we have an offer on the house we recently moved from, we have to make sure we keep the weeds and the pool under control.

Like this.
I also have a garden that's still growing over there, so I water it and pick the vegetables every few days.
Before

After!
Last Saturday, Nate and I each had been in and out of the house a few times doing a few jobs. As I was leaving the house with the kids, I hit the button to shut the garage, but it only went down about 2 feet and then froze. "Aw Craaap". I said. I hit it again, and it went down 2 more feet and froze. I got out of the car thinking Great, Nate's gonna be mad that there is yet another thing to fix at this house we don't even live in. I checked the sensors to see if they were aligned. I waved my hand in front of one of them, and the garage went up! That's never happened before. Must be something wrong with the sensors. I ran back and forth between the button on the wall and the button in my car, stepping over the invisible line made by the sensors a few times. But the stupid thing just wouldn't go all the way down. Just as I was getting ready to disengage the opener from the door and close it by hand, I hear "Beep!" That's the pathetic little horn on Nate's truck. He's parked behind my car, just out of sight LAUGHING HIS BUTT OFF with his finger on his garage remote. Hilarious Nate. I laughed/cried/punched his arm a little bit because it was pretty funny/embarrassing/really mean. Then I didn't give him the drink I had that he wanted.
I'm not in the mood to be teased due to my latest project (see below).


I hope to blog more often now, simply because every time I check my blog feeds and see that someone has gifted me with something new to read, I feel guilty because I don't pay anybody back with a post of my own. Hope everyone is having a happy summer!

5 comments:

  1. Witholding Dr. Pepper is a crime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The garage door thing is totally something Nathan would do. Guys think they are so funny. Glad you are blogging again. My summer only just began yesterday (due to the year-round school scedule) and my kids are already driving me nuts. They're not doing anything to ME, but I'm required to endure the constant bickering between them. "Nuh-uh, Uh-huh, nuh-uh, Uh-huh..."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe Nate let it go on so long! I would keep him from his beloved Dr. Pepper too!

    Glad to see a post. Now I feel guilty that I haven't posted anything recently.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes yes you should all feel guilty!!! I blog for fun but mostly for Allison.:) I love your post Hailee.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That garage story is hilarious!! And now for some reason I am craving a cherry limeade slush....

    ReplyDelete