Friday, March 06, 2009

Easy Care

While I was washing some dishes today, Luke came and asked me for something. I have no idea what he was asking for because I was distracted by how disgusting he looked. His hair was full of some sticky substance and it was standing up in every direction. His face had at least three layers of different goop encircling his mouth and his hands looked like he was wearing dirt gloves (to be fair, he had, in fact, been digging in the dirt). So I put the dishes down and thought to myself I'll wash that one instead. I laid him down on the counter and stuck his head under the running water. I just used the dish soap that was right there to lather his head, then I rinsed and patted his head dry with a paper towel. Using the same paper towel, I cleaned up his face and hands, then styled his hair with my fingers, put him down on the floor and patted his butt. Two minute makeover complete! I'm sure others before me have figured out how easy it is to take care of boys, but I'm used to girls with the bathing and the blow drying and the brushing. I would take more boys for many reasons, but this just adds another big one to the list.


This wasn't from today. Same boy, different mess.

1 comment:

  1. I've made the comment several times that boys are way faster and easier to take care of. Glad you noticed too!

    ReplyDelete