Sunday, August 13, 2006

Two Parties

Katelyn's bridal shower was here at our house yesterday. I wanted to be the one to throw her a shower because I am so happy that she is getting married - and to someone I like. I'm happy that she has come around to the person I knew she always was underneath all the bad attitude and bad choices.

After the shower, I had to hurry over to the public pool for a ward party that I was in charge of. Nate had the kids over at his parents' for the day and they were still on their way back, so I went by myself. I don't realize how lame I am by myself until I don't have my husband with me. How did I ever bring myself to socialize with people before I was married? I stood there with a plate in my hand like a dummy. I eventually went and sat next to a sister that I know (wish we were better friends, but she's older than me and I don't know if she's into it) and stayed there until it was time to go. Fun activity though. Lot's of people. Fun was had by all. Bishop jumped in from the diving board. That was FELT by all.